Quality since 1885
The company Horn has a long history, reaching all the way back to the year 1885: Dr. Theodor Horn (1854-1925) received a patent for the first eddy-current tachometer and started the production of the first instruments – the industrial revolution measurement was born. To this day, the inventions of Dr. Theodor Horn are the milestones of the company. Driven by the idea to reach the technically feasible, he developed speed indicators and revolution counters for use primarily in mechanical engineering, aviation and shipping technology.
From the very outset, the company’s success based on the precise working method and solid performance of the machines. The outstanding quality of the Horn products made them known all around the world. By 1900 Horn products were exported to all industrial nations worldwide.
In 1952 the industrialist Carl Bahrmann and Dr. phil. Erhard Horn, a son of Dr. Theodor Horn, founded the new Dr. E. Horn GmbH in Schönaich near Stuttgart. 40 employees continued with the production of the Horn speed indicators and revolution counters following the tradition of the company founder.
According to technical progress the product portfolio increased. Since 1968 the company developed compact measurement systems, electrical measurement systems as well as electronic processor-based sensors and monitoring systems.
Today’s production still acts upon the maxim of the company founder Dr. Theodor Horn: precise manufacturing, high quality standard and careful testing.
To strengthen international business Bahrmann GmbH became a commercial enterprise in 1980.